Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fat Chick Part Deux

Right after we made the tennis cake, we received our second order for a replica of the original birdie cake. (Yea!) A friend of mine was going to be in town for a big birthday bash, so we recreated the fat chick - this time in red and light blue - for her.

The cake is three layers of white cake with vanilla buttercream - my favorite, just like wedding cake. Speaking of, we made this cake on the weekend of our first anniversary and had one layer left over...so we gobbled it up in celebration. I haven't tasted many of our cakes as I've tinkered with them, and I must say, this one was YUMMY! I might have made a fool of myself shoveling it down I like it so much!

Hope you enjoy another fat blue bird!

PS - I'm a couple of weeks behind on posting the things we've been doing. I will get you caught up quickly, though. Looks like we will have this week off, so we are going to focus on practicing some piping skills, I think. Stay tuned for a cupcake sculpture from last weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Natalie: I've been lurking on your blog for a while and just want to say how impressed I am. And jealous! Keep it up - I LOVE the step-by-steps you're doing. You tell such a great story. - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a testimonial!! This cake was not only BEAUTIFUL but so, so delicious! Many thanks for a delicious and memorable birthday cake for my sweet friend, Lucinda.

    ReplyDelete