Saturday, July 11, 2009

Game, Set, Match!

My dear friend, Erin, has been one of our biggest cheerleaders since we started making cakes. I think she is as excited about our new hobby as we are! (In fact, we've really appreciated the support we've gotten from all of our friends! Thanks for all of the publicity you've stirred up!) Erin has followed our journey with each cake and decided last week that she wanted to be our first paying customer. Her mom is in town this weekend to celebrate her birthday, so Erin decided to have us make her mom's birthday cake. Both Erin and her mother are avid tennis fans and players, so presto...we have a tennis cake.

As usual, this one was a lot of work. We keep waiting for the day this will go quicker, but we keep trying lots of new things, so it's a learning process every time. Regardless, we are having fun...even if we are a little sleep deprived!

The cake is vanilla with strawberry fruit filling. Happy Birthday, George Ann!

Natalie





5 comments:

  1. the cake was amazing. It was so cute and tasted as good as it looked. My mom loved it. You Costners definitely have a talent. Thanks for helping us celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Your logo looks perfect!!Keep practicing cause I want a perfect "Drake"! You have until October 20!!
    Love,
    arbled

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll pencil you on the schedule October! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Nat - these cakes are AMAZING! I wish I could bake - but even if I could my cakes would NEVER look this good! You have such talents!!
    XOXO,
    Rynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you guys! What sweet fun you guys can have together! JULIE NOLAN

    ReplyDelete