Monday, July 6, 2009

Oh Say Can You See?

Yet another practice cake for Matt and me. We spent our holiday weekend with the Costner clan in Branson and thought we would take a cake in honor of the holiday to celebrate. I must confess that I only saw half of the cake decorating through to fruition. At 1:30 a.m. Friday, I gave in and went to bed and left my fantastic husband to finish the last several stripes. We had a couple of hiccups with our homemade fondant...last time it was great, this time, humidity got the best of us...but we managed to work with it in the long-run and are pretty pleased with the results.

The cake consisted of three tiers of Devil's Food with Cookies and Cream filling between each layer.

Keep your eyes peeled later this week for our first custom-order!
Natalie




3 comments:

  1. We are so impressed! We wish we were there so we could make an order! I hope Mr. Henry was super impressed! We sure were! We are so into Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes and so to see that people we know can do the things that Buddy and Duff do is too cool! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! I just don't know what to say. You guys have a special talent. Dad LOVED the trout. The star is just as impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted everyone to know how awesome that cake was! Pregnant lady ate more than her fair share of it. :)

    ReplyDelete